Friday, May 24, 2019

First Watch on Polaris with Reagan

It is almost the last day of school and Reagan asked me to pick her up after her exam.  I suggested breakfast and she was very willing to join me.  We opted for "First Watch" at Polaris.

I had never eaten at this restaurant, although I frequently went to the one in Worthington Mall. This has wood floors and wooden tables and what we decided were interesting lights.


 Reagan described the restaurant as "cute"  said it was kind of like a barn.  The sound really travels in a restaurant like this and when we arrived there was a screaming child - but thank goodness -  that sound did not continue.  We also noticed and liked that you could see what was going on in the kitchen.

First Watch has an interesting menu.  I commented on the  the Asian pork belly breakfast bowl and Reagan pointed out the lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes but we opted for more conventional meals.
I chose the steel cut oatmeal with strawberry, bananas pecans, and skim milk.  Reagan picked the Sunrise Granola with yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple,  pecans, grapes and granola.




 I liked mine but Reagan was not crazy about the nuts in the meal.  We each got a delicious blueberry muffin  and Reagan said: "Personally, I think there are too many blueberries."  I personally believe you cannot have too many blueberries.







Our conversation was about the upcoming summer.  In the past, both Marnie and Kacey's families had made a list of what they wanted to do in the summer.  At my encouragement, Reagan came up with this list:
Get a tan
Read 2 books
Listen to a podcast
Go to camp
Go to vacation
Run at least once\
Do whatever my Mom tells me to do
Go out to breakfast with Ogram.

I told her that these were VERY achievable.

My goals so far:
A book a week
Have a garage sale
walk frequently
eat healthy
swim with family
take Chuck's ashes to the Maumee River

So, a good meal, a great breakfast companion and an interesting conversation.  I recommend all of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment