Tuesday, May 28, 2019

La Chateleine with Audrey

It is Friday morning and Audrey and I decide to go to what has become in many ways our favorite breakfast place - La Chateleine in Worthington.

 Today it is warm and Sunny and we are eating outside.  There is a fountain here and it is just perfect.  We can still hear the French music that is playing in the restaurant, we have been greeted with a friendly Bon Jour and there are people around us having - we are sure - intellectual conversations.  Audrey decides that one man behind me may own part of Columbus.  Yes - we are in Worthington.



I first came here for breakfast last November and met Marsha by the fire inside.  It was a comforting place close to home during a difficult time.  Now as I sit with Audrey outside she informs me that there is a "Pokemon Gym" nearby.  I am not sure I understand but I know it makes her happy.

Audrey gets the French toast which has fruit, whipped cream and she says that each bite has a perfect mix of "sweet fruit, whipped cream and French toast."  After a night of working in the hospital, she had trouble savoring it - she just wanted to devour it.



  I had the parisienne omelet which has ham and gruyere cheese and I savored every bite.  I also love the coffee - French cafe with spicy undertones and heavy cream.  It is wonderful.







Our conversation is about the coming weekend and Audrey's realization that she will be moving soon into her house.  She wants to go to Ikea and get the furniture because now it is time to actually get it into the house.  We talk all the logistics of the coming weekend and next week's big move.

Before we leave a young family comes to eat outside and we watch children play in the fountain.  It is an idyllic place for breakfast - not cheap - but memorable.











 I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment