Monday, July 1, 2019

Waffle House with Audrey

As per our practice, Audrey and I had breakfast on Friday morning which is the end of her work week.  We decided to try the Waffle House near her new home on Dublin Granville Road by 71.  I may have been there once before.

We arrived around 9 am and it wa not busy and we were able to find a booth immediately. The waffle house has tile floors, comfortable booths and laminated menus that serve as placemats.  I ordered the pecan waffle and Audrey got eggs, bacon and hash browns.






















As we looked over the restaurant Audrey noted that there were three cameras which probably reflected the possibility of crime in the neighborhood - we don't know whether that is standard for every waffle house. And we also noticed it was kind of dirty - again - not knowing whether that was only true for this particular restaurant.

























The music would come and go.  At first it was silent and then a solo voice started singing and it startled me so much that I thought it was someone sitting behind me.  I like the music and then it stopped again and there was silence.  Kind of different.

The food was good!  I liked the pecan waffle alot (it was crunchy)  and tried Audrey's hash browns and liked them as well.  Audrey dropped bacon on her shirt and had an immediate grease stain - so that will tell you something about the bacon.










We probably will not go back for a while and maybe I will try out a different waffle house.  The food was good and the price was right!  My meal was $6.50 and Audrey's was $9.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment