Monday, June 3, 2019

Mozarts with Audrey











It is Friday morning and our usual time to celebrate the end of Audrey's week.  This time we picked Mozarts which I didn't even know had a breakfast!  That's the fun of doing this blog.

It was a beautiful morning and we were invited to sit on the patio and watch the car whiz by on High Street.  It has wrought iron tables and chairs beneath a striped awning.  We enjoyed it but I have also taken some pictures of inside where often (not this morning) there is live piano music and this wonderful representation of Mozart himself playing.



As it turns out the breakfast menu is limited.  Mostly quiches and that is what we ordered. I got the traditional quiche lorraine and Audrey chose a smoked turkey



















The coffee was good and there was a big serving of orange juice which Audrey appreciates.  We thought the waitress was really good and very attentive.  The quiche was somewhat of a disappointment - barely warm enough and both of us thought it was almost stale.








Our conversation on this morning was primarily about Grandparents camp which is coming next weekend.  It is my last time to lead it - since Maggie will be eligible in the next year and I would like to just be a grandma for a change.  Audrey will be coming to help out and - I hope - to take my place.  So, I ended up explaining everything that was going to happen in the next weekend.  It is chock a block with activities for both the grandparents and grandchildren.

As we left we stopped by the pastry counter and I bought a chocolate truffle ($4.50) and shared it Friday afternoon with Kacey and Alyse as we were playing games.  They pronounced it "Delicious"

So, coffee, orange juice, pastries, service was excellent.  The quiches - not so much. I would recommend Mozarts inside, for lunch and listening to the music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment