Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Gena's Resturant with Trixie





Trixie and I normally go out for lunch but we decided to do breakfast for this blog.  She suggested Gena's in Westerville and it turns out that I had already been here.  I went one time with Marnie and Maggie on a Sunday following church.  It was very busy that day.  And true to my senior memory, I could not remember much about the meal at that time.















On this morning it was not busy at all.  We had a very nice table and a friendly waitress.  Gena's ambiance is not particularly interesting - wooden tables and a few pictures on the wall.  They advertise themselves - highlighting it on the menu - as the "Home of the Greatest American Pecan Roll."











Not surprisingly, we ordered one to share.  Trixie ordered an "Egglette" Sandwich which is a mini omelet served on an English Muffin.  She said it was like a breakfast burrito and called it "adequate."

















She did not have the English muffin.I ordered a cheese and mushroom omelet - which was three eggs and included home fries.  I would describe my omelet as "thin" - like a crepe - with flat sliced potatoes.  I do like hashbrowns as my guilty pleasure - which is to say fried and greasy.  These were not that.























The pecan roll was for sure the best part.  It was moist, gooey and with plenty of pecans.  I liked it but I would not say it was the best in America.  The advertising was pretty over the top.







So, Gena's restaurant was convenient in a shopping mall with good parking and a good pecan roll.  And very good service. Unfortunately, For the rest of it - pretty mediocre.

The best part was the conversation with Trixie - we never run out of things to talk about. That's why I am doing this blog - even a mediocre meal can be a good time.


I

No comments:

Post a Comment