Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Galena Diner with Pat

Pat Hibbard recommended the Galena Diner to me and we went there on a beautiful Friday morning.
I had never been there before, although Chuck and I used to sometimes go to Galena to check out the fishing - but more about that later.

When we got to the restaurant we found a nice table by the window.  The restaurant has wood floors, formica tables and chairs.  It is clearly popular with the men in the area as most of the tables were occupied by groups of ( old?) men.  There was a room sort of below us with a table full of very noisy men and we were glad to be seated where we were.




The menu had a lot of different selections including:   lemon ricotta pancakes, chicken and waffles and corned beef hash.






  I ordered a bacon spinach scramble with mushrooms, onions, green peppers, spinach, tomatoes, shredded cheese and home fries.  The homefries were more like chopped potatoes but I really loved the egg dish. 



Pat got a veggie omelet with onions, mushrooms, tomatoe, spinach, green peppers, banana peppers.  She thought it was delicious too.





I also got coffee and it was very good.  And I liked the cute mug!

We had a very engaging waitress and enjoyed the warmth and friendliness of the diner - especially after the large group of talkative men left.

Afterwards we went and walked on the Hoover Mudflats Boardwalk behind the restaurant.  That is where I had been several times with Chuck.  He had tried fishing there once, but had more fun doing what Pat and I did after breakfast - walking and just l taking it all in -






the fishermen, the water, the wildlife.  I looked it up and found out that it is .38 miles so it is just a nice morning stroll in a  peaceful and serene place.

So the Breakfast included not only delicious food, but a wonderful walk with a dear friend.  A perfect way to start the day.  I recommend Both - the Galena Diner and a walk on the boardwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment