Monday, May 13, 2019

Sunny Side Cafe with Melanie

It was a rainy morning and Melanie texted that she was free after her physical therapy and did I want to meet for breakfast?  Yes - and what could be more spirit lifting than "Sunny Side Cafe?"  It is on Sancus Road and convenient for both of us.

When we arrived we were led to a booth in an empty part of this bright and clean restaurant.  Both the hostess and our waitress, Lisa, were warm and friendly.  As soon as we sat down Melanie looked at the menu and mentioned the "Funky Monkey" pancakes.  Unfortunately they include the calories on this menu and it was twice the calories of the thick griddle french toast which I decided on instead.  Melanie  thought the tex mex options for breakfast were fun and ordered the  "Migas Tacos" which were corn tacos, eggs, avocado, cheese, cilantro.  At my urging she opted for hash browns as a side dish.  Melanie was delighted with all the gluten free options and read them aloud to me.

First I got my coffee and it was good and came with a cute creamer.





  Then the food arrived and it was very good.  I loved my French toast and Lisa brought more syrup as the french toast really soaked up the syrup.  The bread was real sourdough and was delicious.   Her meal was very good.  The hash browns were crispy and crunchy and we give them a 10!  Perfect!











Our conversation on the day after Mother's Day was full of our stories about the events of the day before.  Melanie's daughter Erin had invited her for a scrumptious brunch and I was treated to a steak dinner prepared by Erik.  Mother's Day can be a really tricky day for many mothers (and it often was for me - especially when I was working!) but this year was just fun.

So, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone  - good coffee, good food, good service!  It is a great choice for breakfast on a rainy Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment